We offer two clear plastic deckboxes (70 cards, 120 cards) that a customer/publisher can order at checkout.
Our low-volume (base) production costs for custom-printed tuckboxes are below. Or, go to our Card Print Cost Calculator to get complete deck + tuckbox costs.
|Poker - 54 cards||$2.50|
|Poker - 72 cards||$2.50|
|Poker - 90 cards||$2.50|
|Poker - 120 cards||$2.50|
|Tarot - 80 cards||$2.50|
*All print costs are in U.S. Dollars (USD)
- Printed on 14.2-pt. C1S card stock. Finished with a low-gloss, eco-friendly water-based AQ satin coating.
- Features a unique no-glue design with a double-walled back to provide extra reinforcement. The quality of our no-glue tuckboxes can withstand being a few cards short of the tuckbox's size. So, it's OK if, say, your 115-card deck goes into the 120-card tuckbox.
- Ships assembled with decks inserted.
- Shrink-wrap: You can add shrink-wrapping to tiered volume deck + tuckbox orders. This is an optional add-on for $0.40/deck.
Tuckbox Production Timeline
[Updated June 2018] All orders with tuckboxes will be run on Monday, with production assembly on Wednesday/Thursday and shipment occurring on Thursday/Friday/Monday.
So, if you want to work that timeline properly, place tuckbox orders no later than Sunday at 7:00 p.m. (EST). Orders with tuckboxes placed after this time will not be processed until the following Monday.
Tuckbox Specifications and Templates
You will need to prepare your tuckbox PDF using InDesign, Illustrator, or Publisher. (Due to required specifications, use of only Photoshop to prepare/output your tuckbox PDF is not recommended.)
Download templates for:
- Tuckboxes are full color, printed on 14.2-pt. C1S card stock.
- Tuckboxes are finished with a low-gloss, eco-friendly water-based AQ satin coating.
- Tuckboxes are shipped with decks inserted.
- We offer Poker tuckboxes for 54, 72, 90, and 120 cards.
- Tarot tuckbox holds 80 cards
- Red lines are scores (folds), blue/black lines are cuts. Areas within red indicate where your
artwork will print.
- Bleed: A bleed of 1/8” (.125”) past/across all edges of the box design is required.
- Safety: Do not place any text closer than 1/8” (.125”) from any cut or score line.
- Images should be 300 dpi.
- Must be CMYK. Ink coverage should not exceed 240% (to avoid cracking along folded edges).
- Avoid drastic changes in art and/or background color along score/fold lines. PDF Exporting
- IMPORTANT: Output the print-ready PDF after turning off the Guides layer (the template’s
score and cut lines). If you see the score/cut lines on your outputted PDF, they will appear on your printed tuckbox.
- Leave the Alignment layer intact. This contains the positioning box (with white background) production uses to verify alignment. (Note: Tarot tuckboxes do not have a positioning box layer.)
- The finished PDF page size for Poker tuckboxes is 15" x 10". The finished page size for Tarot tuckboxes is 19” x 13”. (Do not add bleed to the page/template itself.)
- Do not include printer/crop marks.
- Must be PDF/X-1a:2003 (or PDF/X-1a:2001) with all fonts embedded.
Can't use the above programs to design a custom tuckbox? Yet you want your deck delivered inside a tuckbox? You can use these ready-to-upload blank (white) tuckbox PDFs.
Tuckbox Card Counts
- Real-world testing of the 54-card Poker tuckbox: It can fit up to 57 Premium cards and up to 58 Embossed cards. Our uploader will, therefore, permit card files up to those size limits for each card type to be associated with a 54-card tuckbox file.
- Real-world testing of the Tarot tuckbox: It can fit up to 84 Premium stock cards.
Watch a video of a tuckbox in action. (Video courtesy of Igpay Games.)